How far is it to the town centre? Are there plenty of places to eat nearby?
- Gable Cottage is just 5-10 minutes walk to the centre of Keswick where there are numerous cafes, pubs, restaurants and takeaways to cater for every taste as well as a range of shops, banks, pharmacies, etc.
Where is Gable Cottage located? What is there to see and do in the local area?
- Gable Cottage is situated in Wordsworth Street. Keswick Tourism's website provides a detailed guide to What's On. The lake, Derwentwater is just 10 minutes walk away.
How do I find out if Gable Cottage is available for the dates that I am interested in?
- Simply select Book Now from our web menu. Available periods are shown in blue. Click on the desired check-in date (dark blue) to see a drop down with prices for that period.
How do I make a booking? Do I need to pay a deposit? What payment methods do you accept?
- Please follow the online instructions from the Book Now Menu, telephone or email us. A 25% deposit is payable at the time of booking; full payment is due 6 weeks before arrival.
- We accept all major payment methods: Cheque, Bank Transfer, Debit/Credit Card, PayPal.
What are your Terms and Conditions for booking? Can I see your Privacy Notice?
What are the parking arrangements? Where can I safely store my bicycle and outdoor equipment?
- There is free on-street parking in Wordsworth Street and surrounds. Gable Cottage also has its own parking space at the rear of the property in a secure, gated courtyard. The parking space is 3m wide. Cycles, etc. can be stored under the lockable carport and clothes can be dried in the utility.
Is the property suitable for guests with specific accessibility needs? How are the bathrooms and bedrooms configured?
- All bedrooms and bath/shower rooms are upstairs. There is a double bedroom, a twin bedroom and a single room with full en suite. An additional shower room, with WC, is accessed off the landing.
- Click here for a copy of our Accessibility Guide
What day is changeover and the earliest check-in and latest departure time? Can I book a short break?
- Normal changeover day is Saturday (except Christmas and New Year). Check-in is 3 pm onwards and the latest checkout is 10 am. Short breaks are available when advertised on our website and through our partners.
What is included in the price? Do you provide hairdryers and Wi-Fi?
- The price advertised includes gas, electricity, bed linen and cleaning. Towels are available for a charge of £3 per set per week. Two hairdryers, Wi-Fi, a high chair and travel cot are all provided at no extra charge.
Do I need to clean the Cottage at the end of my stay? What if I break something during my stay?
- The Cottage is cleaned for you before and after your stay (and bed linen changed once per week for longer stays). We do not charge a 'damage deposit' but accept that the occasional accidents do occur. Please notify us so we may replace any items for the next guests. We request that you leave the Cottage clean and tidy at the end of your stay. NB Any damage caused through neglect, or additional cleaning required will be charged for.